Family Development Worker
Hours: (Hours consist of both 7am-3.30pm and 3pm-11.30pm)
Reporting to: Manager of Parent and Infant Unit
Duties of Role
- Work in partnership with unit manager and other staff in the development and progression of individualised care plan for families
- Support, understand, and record parents’ ability to meet the emotional, physical and basic care needs of their children whilst working according to psychologically-informed care plans
- Impart formal and informal feedback aimed to help parents adjust to parenthood and develop their parenting skills and emotional connection with their child(ren)
- Undertake assigned parenting development intervention to include group play, baby sensory work, parenting demonstration, psychoeducation on developmental awareness/attachment/mentalizing capacity
- Take responsibility for assigned areas of operational procedures (e.g. fire safety, healthy and safety, stock and inventory, hygiene, aftercare etc)
- Work in partnership with the wider team in the context of understanding resident parents and infants supporting positive parenting at all times.
- Contribute to comprehensive MDT assessment reports within specified timeframes
- To provide childcare for children whilst their parents/carers attend groups and individual sessions
- Contribute toward trauma informed working environment for both clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to developing skillset in niche area of service provision within Irish context though ongoing professional development and reflective supervision
- Actively participate in team meetings.
The successful candidate will be a compassionate, empathetic individual with an appreciation of self-care and team-working. A qualification in social care, social science, childcare, nursing, psychotherapy or equivalent is required as is a clean full driving licence.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to Marie O’Riordan (Parent and infant Unit Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org