Hours: Minimum of 2 Night/Day shifts per week on a rolling roster to include some weekends.
Reporting to: Supervisor
Duties of Role
- Monitor and protect the security of the premises and maintain a visible presence on a regular basis ensuring the integrity of the building is maintained and outlying buildings are secured.
- To be sensitive to residents’ needs and circumstances working according to Centre’s service delivery model.
- Respond to any emergencies that may arise in a calm and timely manner assisting night staff in appropriate responses
- To assist in emergencies liaising with Gardaí, medical personnel and other agencies and ensure a safe environment for residents and staff
- To ensure all required checklists are completed for all duties
- To liaise with staff in welcoming newly arrived families to parent and infant unit.
- To assist in ensuring that a positive and homely atmosphere is maintained in the parent and infant unit whilst adhering to professional boundaries.
- Complete any administration and domestic tasks including filing, photocopying and minor repairs e.g. changing light bulbs, fixing windows and doors, light cleaning.
- Setting and re-setting any alarms in the buildings as required.
- Keyholder for opening and closing rooms/buildings as required.
- To participate in staff meetings, supervision, training and team building.as required
- Any other duties that from time to time may reasonably be required.
The successful candidate will have an appreciation of team-working and ability to work sensitively with a vulnerable client group. The successful applicant will have a personal style that is in line with the Centre’s vision, values and work practices, particularly someone who is supportive, responsible, reliable and personable. This post is subject to Garda vetting
- Have security experience
- Experience in use of computers
- Have a clean full driving license
- Ability to engage and work with professionals and vulnerable people in a professional and sensitive manner
- Ability to remain calm and controlled in all situations.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interact well with staff and visitors to Centre
- Ability to use own initiative under supervision within accountability structures
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
Salary: €12.00 per hour
Please submit a CV and cover letter by post to The Bessborough Centre, Blackrock, Cork or email email@example.com by 5pm, 23rd April, 2021.